Vindictive Drive is a Mecha/Thriller/Action game released in 2017 by Balthasar02 and published by
SometimesYou on Steam for Microsoft Windows, the game features a Real Time Action/Stealth mechanics an a dark, story-driven setting with revenge themes.
The story follows Arris Fern, a young woman in her cold blooded revenge against her father, President Charles Mourne, for the assassination of her mother, Genevieve Fern, 12 years ago.
After years suffering the consequences of such situation, Arris decides to prepare a sadistic plan to corner Mourne and ultimately kill him, hunting down and manipulating the actors involved in her past in the proccess.
The game has dark themes surrounding Arris' mental health, suicide, abuse and the cruelty of her methods.
- Vindictive Drive's "battle system" relies on outsmarting security systems, avoiding cameras, and fooling your enemies using your computer and jamming devices, leaving the pistol as last resort.
- Stealth is an important part of the game, you will be able to disable alarms and create distractions.
- Story rich scenarios and suspense.
- Talkative and friendly NPCs.
- A lot of illustrations and animations made frame per frame.
- Multiple endings.
- Arris Fern -Usable character
- Liz Barrett -Usable character
- Eureka -Usable character
- Genevieve Fern
- Luna Herz
- Amy Mourne
- Hex Reader
- Alicia Fields
- Emma Fields
- Edu Feinmann
- Charles Mourne
- Eris Mourne
In January 2017, after a year of development, the game was added to Steam in Early Access with six playable chapters, in this time, Balthasar discussed with players how to improve the game, a few of them, like AtlasAtrium, ended involved in the development of the game. A promotional video was produced featuring MikuLeRoux as Luna Herz's voice, which was also included in the Early Access Version. Two months after that, in May 15th, the game was released completing the story including the last three chapters. 
After the release, a new version was announced in which Balthasar stated will include translations to Spanish and Korean.
A 'Definitive Edition' update was released in May 2018, featuring(among other things) improved art, a Spanish language option and an additional Eureka scenario that takes place 10 years before the events of the main game.
Using dark themes, puzzle solving and a lot of action, Vindictive Drive has been released to a majority of positive reviews, hitting over 100.000 downloads just a month and three days after the final release. With in average 300 concurrent players per day, with a peak of over 1600 players in one day, It was rated #2 highest rated Action/Adventure game, and #429 of all genres in PC in GameFAQs(updated 9/1/17).
The Early Access version had mixed reviews, with some negative criticism on its dark themes, difficultly and controls, most of these points were modified for the final version, giving Vindictive Drive its current reception scores.
- Luna's design was originally one of MikuLeRoux's custom outfits for a photoshoot.
- The Subterranean Vault, and Frankie's bat scene are Max Payne references.
- A character awkwardly similar to Yui Hirasawa from K-On! is killed by the Galick-00 during the Senate Massacre Scene.
- https://dpadjoy.com/2017/05/19/steam-indie-games-released-this-week/ - Hidden gems, Steam release announcements.
- http://store.steampowered.com/app/507400/Vindictive_Drive/ #Community Hub
- MikuLeRoux's promotional video for Vindictive Drive
- Vindictive Drive statistics in SteamSpy
- Vindictive Drive concurrent player Statistics in SteamCharts
- Vindictive Drive ranking in GameFAQs(#9 in Action/Adventure)
- Vindictive Drive ranking in GameFAQs(#1281 in All PC categories)
- Luna Herz fashion design by MikuLeRoux